September 18, 2009

Massive Update....

So I have been home a week, managed to catch a cold, have worked heaps, got a few goodies finished for classes that I will sneek peak here when I have had a little photo shoot, and Generally had a great time. 

Last thursday was my birthday, went to the movies in the day and then went to dinner with Lawley and his family, and back for cake. It wasn't just a cake, it was an amazing creation that I have been eating for a week now..........Lawley made me a peanut butter pie! I love peanut butter, but no one else in the family does, so it was all mine. There is no photo eveidence, because as Im sure it is the same for all your scrapbookers out there, if your not taking the photo's there is never either any unblurry ones, or they are just so not flattering.

Im teaching a christmas card class next week at Scraptivate so if you'd like to come along and join in the fun, and get your christmas card making under way call the shop and book yourself in.

Also I have managed to take a few pics of some work that I have done resently........I have been so bad at this of late. Let me know what you think. The first is a canvas I did as apart of the Embellished Idol comp. It's a photo of my Grandma. I've been a bit nostalgic with her of late. Things are moving on for her, Im watching her fall in to dementia, having  to move to her a home for the elderly, and her just not being herself. It's hard to watch, and it is hard to cope with. But Im remembering her......... the real her, and that's why I think I need to do this canvas. Scrapbooking is really great therapy isn't it? 

The second is a Kaiser mirror I did for a DT project a few months back at Scraptivate.


I'll Hopefully be back over the weekend to have a little picture update of my trip.

Mel xxx

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Welcome Back *mwah*

Binxcat1 said...

just letting you know I do pop in occassionally, even if I never have enough time to log in and comment.... I TOTALLY LOVE your canvases. Big hugs and loves to you.