January 29, 2014

Camp Mojo 2013



Hi All,

Yep it is me again. Can you believe it, so soon! I know right. Well I had some thing I want to tell you about and some work I did.
I had the privilege of going to Camp Mojo 2013!
It was last August in the Hunter Valley in NSW. I travelled across again (I went two years previously also to the very First Camp Mojo in 2011) with Jenny Burns, Tina Dalton and Jen Hedger. 
We got our creative on in a big way! Four straight days of non stop creating time and did we make good use of it too! 
As we had to carry over everything we might need for the camp we had to choose wisely as to what we took. To make it even harder for myself I was not coming home from Camp, but flying straight on to Singapore for a holiday with my partner. 
Talk about hard to pack. Scrap gear, cold clothes for NSW and hot clothes for Singapore. 

I did quite well I have to say I think my scrap gear weighed in at around the 5kg mark, all neatly packed into one art bin satchel. ( don't fret, I had a stash of $ to buy some goodies to play with once I got there)

As I was doing some classes that weekend I took a small stash of photos and some of the staples. Glue, tape, ink, card stock, some stamps some chippy and a few random embellishments. 

But............ did I ever discover a new love! oh yes I did. 

Stencils, texture paste and Dylusions Sprays!

OOOh and sequins, a new obsession! 

Oh my goodness. I had the most wonderful time creating away. 

There was so much inspiration to draw from and I took a little bit of knowledge from so many amazing crafters there. Louise Nelson, Peg Hewitt, Lisa Oxley, Jo Kinder and so so many more!



I didn't actually do this one at Camp Mojo, I created this as part of the challenge  for the Heidi Swapp day last October, but there are those Dylusions that I love!



Love love love this layout. Used pics of me and Belinda Spencer when I stopped by to meet her IRL on my way out of Adelaide on my trip to SA in March last year. 



I won a little prize at camp for this layout, I think from memory we had to just use Chevrons? It was fun to do any how and love how it ended up. 



I saw a layout that peg Hewitt was working on and she had sprayed these hearts on the corrugated board and I fell in love and had t borrow that idea from her. I just love it. 




I had the most amazing time with Louise Nelson doing both her classes. I learnt some fun new techniques and played with new products I hadn't previously used, and created these two layouts below. I have to say it was hard at first to not add heaps of embellishments which is part of my normal style most of the time, but I still have so much more on my pages than Louise had. 

The layout "You make my heart Smile" is particularly special to me now. This is my most favourite picture of my Grandmother (my G'Ma), and I lost her not a month and half after I made this.
I've had it framed and it sits very proudly in my craft room now. 








No comments: