August 09, 2014

Fluer De Lis Card by Mel Connell



Welcome back again everyone. I'm so glad you stopped by to have a little look see at what I have created for you this time. 

Again I chose to make a card, one that was a bit more unisex as it were, and what better motif to use than a Fluer De Lis. This little set of Couture Creations Dies is fast becoming my favourite, I like to use the Roman Set of Dies so much. 

So I chose a metallic gold cardstock to create my card base and one of my top layers, along with a fairly vintage design paper for my other layers. You can make as many layers as you'd like, but with the top layer tear into the piece to give it a very very worn look. 

Distress the edges and add ink using your Couture Creature Dauber. Tape down several of your top layers. Poke some holes for stitching using your awl for the hand held essentials tool set, and add some thread in a cross stitch pattern. 

Tape this to you card base. Next I stamped a sentiment on the same gold cardstock as the card base. Distress the edges and ink with your Dauber also. I did pop some holes in this for some brads but in the end changed my mind. 



Pop your sentiment panel on your card front using the Couture creations Foam tape. Instead of adding brads in the end I thought the Couture Creations Pearls would look much better. 
I always use my LED precision tweezers for this kind of job. I have got to tell you these tweezers are so amazing. I just love that you have light exactly where you need it, so you can see the right spot to pop small things like these pearls. 

If you haven't already got yourself these , this tool is a must!


Next I cut myself a bunch of Fluer De Lis in both the sizes. I added a small pearl to the centre of these also, and used the 3D foam mini dots to place them around my cards front. 



I would love to see if you give this ind of card a go, and hows your turned out. 

Thanks again for stopping by and I'll will see you again very shortly with a layout that also feature none other than the Roman Set dies amongst others. 



Couture Creations Products used:
















No comments: